Jobs allow users to pre-configure templates for output. This includes:
- Grouping multiple Templates to be output together
- Specifying the filetype for generated output files.
- Specifying a delivery method. All files in the Job will be delivered together.
Anytime the Job is run, all Templates will be output to the desired file types, the output files and any static files will be packaged together, and all the files will be delivered as specified.
Configuring a Job is easy:
- Navigate to the Jobs page using the sidebar
- Click "New Job" at the top of the page to start configuring your Job
- Give your Job a name and an optional Description.
- You can change the method your Job output is delivered with using the "Delivery Method" dropdown. "None" delivery will store your output in Windward Hub for you to retrieve later. Please read about other delivery methods here.
- On the next page you can select Templates and Static Files for your Job.
If you are using integrations in your organization, your Job can only contain files uploaded to the same integration.
- In your last step, you can change the name and format for your output files. Whenever your Job is run, the output files will have the specified name and format.
Click Finish and you are done configuring your first Job!
Once you've configured a Job in Windward Hub, it can be run at any time.
- Go to the Jobs page in Windward Hub
- Click "Run" next to any Job you wish to output
- If the Job requires any input parameters, specify the values you would like to run your Job for and click "Run."
Your Job will now process all it's templates to output and perform the configured delivery method for the output. For any delivery method, you can view the output of your Job in the Output History.
The "None" form of delivery will still store your output in the Output History and notify you when it finishes, but the output will not automatically be delivered anywhere outside the Windward Hub portal.
Email delivery will send Windward Hub emails to emails internal to your company. When all the documents to be delivered are less than 10 MB together, documents will be delivered individually attached to the email. If the documents together are greater than 10 MB they will be sent as a .zip file.
Internal email delivery can send emails to:
- Any email of a user in the Windward Hub organization
- Any email with the same domain name as the organization admin as long as the organization admin does not have a generic email domain. An example of a generic email domain where this won't work is "@gmail.com."
This delivery method only works when a user outputs by clicking a button in the Salesforce portal setup with the Salesforce integration. When their output is finished the individual documents that were output will be uploaded to Salesforce. Any file up to 25 MB will be uploaded to Salesforce. Files over 25 MB cannot be uploaded to Salesforce with this delivery method due to Salesforce limitations.