Windward Hub is hosted in different regions worldwide to allow for data residency and improved performance. Please access Windward Hub at the URL for your region:
The Template Library is where Windward Hub users can store their templates and other files.
Files can be uploaded to Windward Hub via the "Upload" button at the top of the page
In general, there are two types of templates in Windward Hub:
- Templates - These are dynamic DOCX, XLSX, or PPTX files designed in the Windward Desktop Designer. Templates can be generate output, a process where data is merged with the template to create the finished output file.
- Static Files - These are any files uploaded to Windward Hub that are not a Template.
Windward Hub can manage different versions of your files and easily deploy the newest version.
- Click "View Versions" to see all the different versions of your template
- You can click "Upload New Version" at the top of the page to upload new versions of the template
When uploading a new version of the template, the name of the file on Windward Hub and the name of the file you select must match exactly and they must be the same file type.
- You can leave a comment when uploading the new version about what changes were made in the file.
A file on Windward Hub might be used in all sorts of document automation tasks. Changing the published version of your template immediately changes all automation tasks using that template to use the newly published version. This makes it very easy to roll out new changes to your template.
- To publish a new version of your template, simply click the radio button in the "Published" column for the version you would like to publish.
Some other actions you can do with file versions are:
- Download a specific version of a file.
- Archive an unpublished version of a file. This will not delete the version, but will move it to the "Archived Versions" section of the page.
- Delete a specific version of a file. This is permanent and cannot be undone.
- Unpublish the published version of the template. This will move the entire template to an "unpublished" state where the template cannot be run from the Template Library.
Jobs allow users to pre-configure templates for output. This includes:
- Grouping multiple Templates to be output together
- Specifying the filetype for generated output files.
- Specifying a delivery method. All files in the Job will be delivered together.
Anytime the Job is run, all Templates will be output to the desired file types, the output files and any static files will be packaged together, and all the files will be delivered as specified.
Configuring a Job is easy:
- Navigate to the Jobs page using the sidebar
- Click "New Job" at the top of the page to start configuring your Job
- Give your Job a name and an optional Description.
- You can change the method your Job output is delivered with using the "Delivery Method" dropdown. "None" delivery will store your output in Windward Hub for you to retrieve later. Please read about other delivery methods here.
- On the next page you can select Templates and Static Files for your Job.
If you are using integrations in your organization, your Job can only contain files uploaded to the same integration.
- In your last step, you can change the name and format for your output files. Whenever your Job is run, the output files will have the specified name and format.
Click Finish and you are done configuring your first Job!
Once you've configured a Job in Windward Hub, it can be run at any time.
- Go to the Jobs page in Windward Hub
- Click "Run" next to any Job you wish to output
- If the Job requires any input parameters, specify the values you would like to run your Job for and click "Run."
Your Job will now process all it's templates to output and perform the configured delivery method for the output. For any delivery method, you can view the output of your Job in the Output History.
The "None" form of delivery will still store your output in the Output History and notify you when it finishes, but the output will not automatically be delivered anywhere outside the Windward Hub portal.
Email delivery will send Windward Hub emails to emails internal to your company. When all the documents to be delivered are less than 10 MB together, documents will be delivered individually attached to the email. If the documents together are greater than 10 MB they will be sent as a .zip file.
This delivery method only works when a user outputs by clicking a button in the Salesforce portal setup with the Salesforce integration. When their output is finished the individual documents that were output will be uploaded to Salesforce. Any file up to 25 MB will be uploaded to Salesforce. Files over 25 MB cannot be uploaded to Salesforce with this delivery method due to Salesforce limitations.