The Template Library is where Windward Hub users can store their templates and other files.
Files can be uploaded to Windward Hub via the "Upload" button at the top of the page
In general, there are two types of templates in Windward Hub:
- Templates - These are dynamic DOCX, XLSX, or PPTX files designed in the Windward Desktop Designer. Templates can be generate output, a process where data is merged with the template to create the finished output file.
- Static Files - These are any files uploaded to Windward Hub that are not a Template.
Windward Hub supports upload of the following file types:
And Windward Hub supports the following dynamic template file types:
- XLSX (Premium and Enterprise tier only)
- PPTX (Premium and Enterprise tier only)
Windward Hub can manage different versions of your files and easily deploy the newest version.
- Click "View Versions" to see all the different versions of your template
- You can click "Upload New Version" at the top of the page to upload new versions of the template
When uploading a new version of the template, the name of the file on Windward Hub and the name of the file you select must match exactly and they must be the same file type.
- You can leave a comment when uploading the new version about what changes were made in the file.
A file on Windward Hub might be used in all sorts of document automation tasks. Changing the published version of your template immediately changes all automation tasks using that template to use the newly published version. This makes it very easy to roll out new changes to your template.
- To publish a new version of your template, simply click the radio button in the "Published" column for the version you would like to publish.
Some other actions you can do with file versions are:
- Download a specific version of a file.
- Archive an unpublished version of a file. This will not delete the version, but will move it to the "Archived Versions" section of the page.
- Delete a specific version of a file. This is permanent and cannot be undone.
- Unpublish the published version of the template. This will move the entire template to an "unpublished" state where the template cannot be run from the Template Library.